Leading Innovations in Intelligent Optical Systems
Optonicus' strength is in the integration of advanced adaptive optics and beam control
architectures, elements and algorithms, smart sensors and parallel on-the-fly information
processing techniques – also referred to as Intelligent Optics. With Optonicus, customers
get optical systems that deliver optimal performance in harsh operating conditions.
Optonicus has well established expertise and provides unique technical solutions in the following areas of development:
- Wavefront and beam control hardware including beam steering and deformable mirrors, wavefront sensors, beam and image quality sensors and controllers.
- Design and integration of adaptive optics systems for directed energy, laser illumination, target tracking, designation, active and passive imaging.
- Numerical simulation of atmospheric effects and their impact on performance of various optical systems; analysis includes target in-the-loop propagation, speckle, thermal blooming and anisoplanatic effects.
- Conformal optical systems including fiber-array based adaptive laser beam projection systems, sparse imaging systems, coherent LIDAR, laser tracking, and remote sensing systems.
- Advanced control and signal/image processing algorithms for mitigation of negative impact of non-linear optical, turbulence (atmospheric and underwater) and jitter effects.
- Adaptive free-space laser communication systems that are robust, light-weight, secure, and operate at high data rates for advanced communications.