Through its innovative research, Optonicus commercializes products used in Intelligent Optical Systems.
Intelligent Fiber-Optics Collimators, Couplers and Controllers
The INFOCO product series of intelligent fiber collimators, couplers and controllers is intended to address the educational, research and commercial needs for a compact and smart optical fiber free-space interface system capable of adaptive control of the transmitted and/or received light. The INFOCO products can be used in a variety of free-space optical transmitting and receiving applications, in either single or phased array configurations. more on the INFOCO Product Design Kit
- INFOCO TX, Intelligent Fiber-Optics Collimator Transmitter: optical beam collimation, pointing, steering, automatic stabilization and much more – all in a single compact module. more
- INFOCO RX, Intelligent Fiber-Optics Collimator Receiver and Free-Space Fiber Coupler: high-precision focal spot intensity profiling and centroid sensing, optimal free-space fiber coupling adaptive to an angle of optical wave arrival and much more – all in a single compact module. more
- INFOCO CU, Control Unit for INFOCO TX or RX: a compact, multi-function electronics module with user-friendly software that easily interfaces to the INFOCO TX or RX module. more
SPGD+ Multichannel Controllers
Optonicus SPGD+ Multichannel Controllers can be used in a variety of optimization applications including phase locking of fiber-array systems, compensation of optical phase distortions such as atmospheric-turbulence-induced wavefront aberrations in laser beam projection (directed energy) and free-space optical communication systems, mitigation of mechanical and/or acoustical jitter and adaptive optics applications to drive deformable mirrors.
- SPGD+ Multi-Channel Control Unit: an 8-, 16-, 24, or 32-channel controller implementing the Optonicus' proprietary latest advanced stochastic parallel gradient descent (SPGD+) control algorithm in hardware for various optimization tasks; includes user-friendly and platform-independent software. more
Wavefront Aberration Correction Kit
The Wavefront Aberration Correction (WACO) product series is designed to address the growing demand for affordable intelligent instrumentations for optical wavefront phase aberration corrections in a wide range of applications and under various operational conditions.
In different configurations WACO products can be used for:
- Final sweep up of optical aberrations that are accumulated along a
systems’ optical train composed of any number of optical elements.
- Real-time compensation of quasi-static aberrations resulting from
mechanical and thermal deformations of optical elements and components.
- Mitigation of the atmospheric-turbulence-induced aberrations in
various optical systems.
Download WACO data sheets
, Deformable Mirror
, Amplifier Stack
, Mirror Controller
New Product: Intelligent Fiber-Collimator Arrays
The first commercially available fiber-array adaptive laser beam transmitter system. The INFA is composed of a densely-packed array of adaptive fiber optic collimators for coherent and incoherent beam combining. The INFA system provides capabilities for precision pointing of the outgoing combined beam, for compensation of mechanical and acoustic jitter, and for adaptive mitigation of turbulence-induced phase aberrations.
Download INFA and SPGD+ Control Unit data sheets
Optonicus' products are developed based on our extensive research, proprietary improvements and unique technology expertise.