At a glance
An 8, 16, or 24 channel Control Unit (CU) implementing the proprietary Advanced Stochastic Parallel Gradient Descent (SPGD+) control algorithm. The SPGD+ CU presents multiple benefits:
- Input voltage range: 0–10 V with input level control
- Programmable analog output levels with amplitude range of ±25V per channel
- Advanced stochastic parallel gradient descent (SPGD+) control algorithm with controllable iteration rate from 10 to 250,000 SPGD iterations per second
- Full LAN remote control through 10/100Base-TX Ethernet Interface
- Graphical user interface
- Real-time display of the analog input signal and each channel’s output voltage
- Setting of a fixed output voltage per individual channel
- Setting the limits of the output voltage range per individual channel
- Options for setting or updating the SPGD control parameters
- Windows XP or later, Linux or Mac
- TCP/IP connection between a computer and the INFOCO SPGD+ CU required
The control unit can be used for various optimization tasks including phase locking of fiber-array systems, compensation of optical phase distortions, mitigation of mechanical and/or acoustical jitter and to drive deformable mirrors for adaptive optic applications.
An SPGD+ CU
The SPGD+ CU receives an analog input signal that is used as the metric input to the SPGD+ control algorithm running simultaneously on each individual channel’s processor. The SPGD+ algorithm computes a digital output value based on the current input metric value. This digital value is then converted to the individual channel’s analog output signal. In addition, a communication controller provides the interface between the end-user computer and the SPGD+ CU, sending and receiving commands and system data through a local area network (LAN).