Optonicus' Team Expertise
Optonicus’ expertise is based on the long-term experience and accomplishments of its researchers and engineers. Selected recent publications from Optonicus' research team can be found here.
Optonicus has well established expertise and provides unique technical solutions in the following areas of development:
- Wavefront and beam control hardware including beam steering and deformable mirrors, wavefront sensors, beam and image quality sensors, and controllers.
- Design and integration of adaptive optics systems for directed energy, laser illumination, target tracking, designation, active and passive imaging, atmospheric sensing, and characterization
- Numerical simulation of atmospheric effects and their impact on performance of various optical systems; analysis includes target in-the-loop propagation, anisoplanatic imaging, speckle, thermal blooming, and refractive effects. High-speed wave-optics simulation tools are based on GPU/CUDA technology.
- Conformal optical systems including fiber-array based adaptive laser beam projection systems, sparse imaging systems, coherent LIDAR, laser tracking, and remote sensing systems.
- Advanced control and signal/image processing algorithms for mitigation of negative impact of non-linear optical, turbulence (atmospheric and underwater), and jitter effects.
- Adaptive free-space laser communication systems that are robust, light-weight, secure, and operate at high data rates for advanced communications.
Conformal Optical Systems
Optonicus developed a new concept and algorithms for conformal imaging systems composed of an array of sub-apertures (telescopes). Read more >
Mathematical and Numerical Simulation Techniques
Unique mathematical methods and computational techniques developed by Optonicus’ team, which allow comprehensive numerical analysis of atmospheric optical systems in realistic operating conditions. Read more >
Adaptive Free Space Optical Communication Systems
Optonicus offers innovative, modular, eye-safe optical and hybrid (Optical/RF) communication systems based on arrays of synchronously-operated small-size adaptive laser communication nodes. Read more >
Wavefront and Beam Control Techniques
Optonicus' approach to compensating the atmospheric effects combines advanced wavefront sensors with an optimization algorithm called SPGD, for "stochastic parallel gradient descent." Read more >